Do it yourself tips to say no to Text Neck
When your neck, shoulders and upper back are regularly hurting or you are having light headaches after bending your head for a short period while texting or looking at computer screens, you are probably dealing with text neck.
Find here simple but very efficient stretching exercises to relief text neck tension.
– Sit up straight or stand.
– Tilt your head toward your right shoulder and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat to the other side.
– Tilt your head so that your chin touches your chest for 30 seconds.
– Tilt your head back as far as you can and hold for 30 seconds.
– Stretch your arms to the side and push back your shoulder blades while stretching your back. Repeat several times for 20 seconds
Here some other tips:
– Hold your cell phone at eye level and stand straight as much as possible.
– Take frequent breaks each 20 to 30 minutes away from your phone and laptop throughout the day.
– Pick up the phone and call people instead of texting.
* If neck pain does not improve after a few weeks please consult your doctor.